The Case Manager is responsible for counseling patients during the primary and structured recovery process while under Ethan Health care. This individual will have a case load assigned to them and will be responsible for facilitating groups/lectures as well as one on one counseling sessions. The responsibility of the position requires that this individual assist patients in recognizing that drug and alcoholism (substance abuse) is a disease. To motivate them to actively participate in their own recovery process, assisting them in learning skills, gain knowledge introducing them to the recovery process so they may live without drugs or alcohol.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients treatment
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Counsel patients individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, maladjustment, relapse prevention, adjusting to life, and making changes
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests
- Obtain prior authorizations
- Maintain and complete compliance log daily
- Act as patient advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Ongoing evaluation of patient physical or mental condition based on review of client
- Refer patients, to community resources or to specialist as necessary
- Develop a discharge, after care plan with patient and have patient sign
- Assist clients with transportation scheduling
- Maintain Supervision Log
- Minimum 1 year of documented sobriety for individuals in recovery
- Knowledge/experience in the Twelve Step Recovery Program
- A bachelor of arts or behavioral science degree and 5 years of full-time employment experience working with individuals with SMI, SED, or SUD and co-occurring chronic or complex physical health condition.
- Master's degree in behavioral health science and two years of full-time experience providing service coordination or linking/referring for community based services for individuals with SMI, SED, or SUD and co-occurring physical or behavioral health disorders.
- Computer literate and ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally with clients, administration, the treatment team and family members
- Must pass background check and drug screen