Medication Assisted Therapy Nurse
Responsible for the coordination and care of patients receiving Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) for opioid addiction. Teaming with a Licensed Health Care Professional, the position coordinates health services and support to patients in conjunction with prescribing buprenorphine. Responsible for improving the care of the patient population across health, substance abuse and mental health treatment, promoting patient activation and empowerment for shared decision-making in treatment, and encouraging healthy behaviors, self-management of health, mental health, and substance abuse conditions. Monitor the health status, treatment progress, and medication adherence of the MAT patient.
- Medication Administration during Induction
- Assess patients' needs for physical exams, reporting observations to physicians and counselors.
- Monitor vital signs
- Assess adverse reaction to medications and issues related to drug overdose, HIV, and/or related issues
- Maintains current and accurate records and treatment notes as required by policy.
- Attends treatment team meetings and case conferences
- Updates medication reports (DEA)
- May include, but not limited to: collecting drug tests, drawing blood, answering phone, ect.
- Complete clinical record documentation in timely fashion. Meets performance expectations for time and billing standards.
- Review blood work results with patients
- Active License from Kentucky Board of Nursing (RN/LPN)
- Familiarity with addiction/recovery and behavioral health
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment
- Must be computer literate
- Must pass background check and drug screen